- Associations are making progress. Every single site has some sort of social technologies connection, and every association was at least on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- But not enough progress. The majority of entries are not mobile-friendly. It's 2013, people!
- We don't all have to use rotating banners. Really. I promise. And after you've seen it on 20 of 21 sites, it gets a little old.
- Design is important (all my designer friends are thinking, "No shit, Sherlock."). Color, font, white space, imagery, layout...all can help you know where to look, or hinder you from accomplishing your tasks. Invest in good design.
- I know we often have to use site templates, but it's worth investing some resources to make sure they don't look so template-y. Trust.
Goodies for Subscribers
13 hours ago